Aloha! Paradise discovered! Hawaii cruises conjure up visions of captivating hula girls, hot lava, colossal surfing waves, hibiscus leis, unlimited mai-tais and the scent of Plumeria blossom in the air! Polynesia at its finest! And even better, these are all to be discovered on a Hawaii cruise! Mark Twain once declared Hawaii to be 'the loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean.' Let your Hawaii cruise be your oasis among these dazzling tropical isles! There are actually 100's of islands that make up the entire Hawaiian Island chain. These include the largest Oahu, Kauai, Molokai, Maui, Lanai and the Big Island (also known as the Isle of Hawaii).
Most Hawaii cruises circulate in and around the grouping of these 6 islands! Oahu is where Diamond Head, Honolulu and famous Waikiki beach are located and is the starting/ending point for most Hawaii cruises. The 'Big Island' (a port-of-call on selected Hawaii cruises) is where the famous active Volcanoes National Park is located and is also home to coffee plantations and some famous black sand beaches (two must see's on Hawaii cruises). Kauai, famous for its lush tropical mountain landscapes as seen in movies like Jurraissic Park, is also a regular port-of-call on Hawaii cruise itineraries! Equally popular is Maui, famous for its leisure activites including golf, surfing and sunbathing! The road to Hana is also a highlight of many Hawaii cruise shore excursions on Maui!
Hawaii cruises also offer a closer look into Hawaii's fascinating cultural and historic past including insights into its former King and Royal Palace as well as visits isits to its infamous Pearl Harbor World War II naval base. Hawaii cruises would not be complete without a traditional Luau and night of Hula and Fire-knife dancing. Two of the many traditional treats that await you on Hawaii cruises!
Your Hawaii cruise ship severs as your accommodation and transportation between islands! And what a way to travel!!! Hawaii cruises also are easily connected to by international and inter-island flights. Additionally should you wish to enjoy another island or more of one that you visited, Hawaii cruises pre/post trips can be connected too either by intra-island air or ferry.
Examples of shore excursion opportunities in Hawaii include
- Sport fish for Marlin, Ahi, Ono, Mahi and Shortnose Spearfish off the coast of Kona on Hawaii cruises.
- Swim in Hidden Valley Falls, a unique series of pools and waterfalls that cascade over black lava rock in Nawiliwili Kauai - a 'must do' on Hawaii cruises.
- Windsurf at Hookipa Beach Park, Maui's most favored windsurfing hotspot.
- See the largest Hawaiian body of fresh water, a volcanic crater and magnificent mountain and ocean vistas during an ATV tour in Nawiliwili Kauai - known as the 'Garden Isle' on Hawaii cruises.
- Kayak down the jungle stream of Huleia River past the Huleia National Wildlife Refuge and the Alekoko Fishpond, a living archaeological site. One of many historical excursions available on Hawaii cruises.
- Hike to the top of the mammoth Haleakala Crater, a Maui crater as expansive as Manhattan Island and as tall as four Empire State Buildings. A highglight for the adventurous on many Hawaii cruises!
- Tour the Maui Ocean Center, the largest tropical aquarium in the Western Hemisphere. A must do on Hawaii cruises!
- Attend the Paradise Cove Luau and Polynesian Show, a grand beachfront celebration consisting of arts, crafts, a Hukilau ceremony, tropical feasting and a shower of flowers. A feature excursion on most Hawaii cruises!
- Meet the people of Samoa, Hawaii, Marquesas, Tonga, New Zealand, Tahiti and Fiji at the Polynesian Cultural Center in Honolulu. A great 'must do' excursion on Hawaii cruises.
- Visit sites where Jurassic Park, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Fantasy Island and other popular movies and TV shows were filmed on Hawaii cruises that include island of Kaui.
- Explore Diamond Head Crater, the Halona Point blowhole and Pali Lookout in the Koolau Mountains in Honolulu - back to nature on Hawaii cruises.
- Walk along a one-mile pathway through lush tropical forest en route to Akara Falls, a 442-foot unbroken waterfall over a volcanic cliff. A 'must do' for the adventurous naturalists on Hawaii cruises.
- Visit Volcanoes National Park with the famous lava Tubes and the Kilauea Volcano, home of Pele - the Legendary Goddess of Fire. On Hawaii cruises that stop at the Big Island of Hawaii.
- Take a walking tour of Honolulu and see the Kamehameha Statue, the lolani Palace, Aloha Stadium, Washington Place, the Korean and Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Chinatown and the Punchbowl Crater.
- Enjoy a leisurely ride in a horse-drawn carriage through the historic district of Kona - a magical must do excursion on Hawaii cruises.
- Relive history with a visit to Pearl Harbor and the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial. An excursion 'not to be missed' on Hawaii Cruises.
- Take a thrilling helicopter ride over the active Kilauea Volcano in Hilo and follow its surface activity down to the devastated village of Kalapana. A really cool excursion on Hawaii cruises that visit the Big island,
- View the Olokele Canyon, Wailea Falls, Alakia Swamp and the Na Pali Coast during a grand helicopter tour over Nawiliwili Kauai. A must do on all Hawaii cruises visiting Kauai!
- Soar in an island seaplane over the sights of Honolulu, including Aloha Tower, Waikiki Beach and Koko Head Crater. A unique perspective and thrilling excursion on Hawaii cruises.
- Photograph tropical fish and humpback whales during a glass-bottom boat cruise in Kona. A 'must do' excursion on Hawaii cruises.
- Embark on a marine boat safari and search for spinner dolphins and other marine wildlife.
- Snorkel amongst endangered sea turtles, elusive mantra rays and multicolored fish in Pawai Bay. A cool excursion alternative offered on many Hawaii cruises.